Protect Yourself & Your Staff With Our Quick, Simple & Convenient Online Manual Handling Training!
SuperSkills Manual Handling Training – incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work.
To try and combat manual handling problems, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations were introduced.
The Regulations lay out duties for both employees and employers.
They give a general requirement that employees must be trained to handle items correctly including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safely.
It is a legal requirement for staff to be trained in manual handling. This course meets that requirement.
This course outlines exactly what constitutes manual handling and covers the regulations and legislation that apply to manual handling tasks.
It then goes on to cover safe handling techniques and how to develop good habits in relation to manual handling.
It finishes off by introducing some practical solutions and the use of mechanical aids.
Training your employees with our online system will give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor manual handling poses, as well as covering safe handling techniques, practical solutions to manual handling issues and the use of mechanical aids.
What You Will Learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define Manual Handling and state the correct technique and application of effective Manual Handling
- Understand the relevant legislation and be able to comply with the regulations
- Recognise safe handling techniques and be able to develop good habits
- Evaluate every manual situation you encounter, recognising risks and when to use
- mechanical aids
- Understand the consequences on the body and the dangers of handling loads incorrectly
- State the professionals most at risk from incorrect handling techniques
Watch This Video To See What You’ll Learn:
Manual Handling Training Course Contents:
- What is Manual Handling?
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Safe Handling
- Learning Safe Handling Habits
- Practical Manual Handling Solutions
- Use of Mechanical Aids
- Final Test
Each module is rounded off with several multiple-choice questions. Candidates are required to get 70% on these tests to pass the course. They have the opportunity to review all the answers at the end of each module before final submission and will be given 3 attempts to achieve the required result.
SuperSkills online Manual Handling Training is approved by the International Institute of Risk & Safety Management. It can be counted as part of staff Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
For further information, call 01845 527 445 or Click ‘Get Free Advice’ to fill in our contact form.