Get Your Green CSCS Labourer Card Course Sorted With Our Quick, Simple & Convenient Online Training!
- Try Before You Buy – Free Trial Available
- No Hidden Extras To Pay For
- CITB-Approved Training Organisation
- CSCS Approved Qualification
- Online Training & Exam
- No Time Off Work
- Do Your Training Anytime/Anywhere
- Leads To The Green CSCS Labourer Card
Four Simple Steps To Your Green CSCS Labourer Card:
Don’t Forget – SuperSkills Will Support You Every Step Of the Way!
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You can call SuperSkills Construction Training on 01845 527 445 at any time – even during the evening or at weekends – we’re always happy to help!
(Or fill in the form at the top of the page and we will call you)
Taking The Level 1 Health & Safety In Construction Online Course
- You can do this on your phone, tablet or desktop computer
- You need a good internet connection
- It’s Best over Wi-Fi – there’s a lot of data involved!
- It will take you about 3 hours in total
- Just watch the videos, then answer the questions
- If you have any problems – call 01845 527 445 we’re here to help!
Taking The Level 1 Health & Safety in Construction Exam
- Complete the Registration Form – Use the name that’s on your Photo ID
- Get your Username & Password for the exam by email
- Choose the time you want to take the exam carefully – you don’t want to be disturbed
- Make sure you have a good Broadband internet connection
- You need a COMPUTER WITH A WEBCAM – you can’t take the exam on a phone or Chromebook
- You need to use Google Chrome Internet Browser for the Exam
- You Must Comply With All The Exam Rules – you must be on your own and you cannot have anything else in the room – no drinks/food/pens/notes/music etc
- You will need to show your Photo ID to the webcam when required
- You will be told immediately if you have failed
- If you haven’t failed, your exam will be checked to make sure the result is correct and you have complied with the rules
- As soon as the check is complete, your certificate will be emailed to you
Taking The CITB Health & Safety Test For Operatives (Sometimes called (the CSCS Test”)
- Don’t just Google it! You’ll end up paying a booking fee (See here for why not)
- The test costs £22.50 – Book Here
- If you don’t already have one, you will need to create an account with CSCS to book the test
- Make Sure You Book The ‘Operatives’ Test – that’s the one you need for a Green CSCS Card
- The test is provided by Pearson Vue – you will probably be at the same place where Driving Theory Tests are taken near your home town
- You will need your Photo ID with you – and they are very strict about it – No Photo ID – No Test!
- Another photo – for your CSCS Labourer Card – will be taken at the time of the test
- You should have all the knowledge you need – but it’s a good idea to get one of the FREE Revision Guides that are available from the Google Play Store and Apple Store so you know what the exam screens will look like. Some of these will link to a ‘Book Test’ feature – check you’re only being charged £22.50 – if in doubt, Book Here
- Good luck!
Applying For Your Green CSCS Card
- You apply online, direct to the CSCS
- We will send you a link, but you can always click here to apply
- You will need the electronic copy of your Level 1 Health & Safety In a Construction Environment qualification certificate
- Your CSCS Health & Safety test score should be on the CSCS system, but have the copy they have emailed to you available just in case
- You apply for the Green CSCS Site Labourer card – don’t worry, their system will not let you apply for the wrong card
- Your card will cost £36
- Your card will arrive in the post to your address
Remember to keep the receipts for your Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment Course, your CITB Health & Safety Test for Operatives and Your Green CSCS Labourer Card – you can claim the fees against tax!
Frequently Asked Questions
All You Need To Know About
Getting Your Green CSCS Card With SuperSkills
IS THIS A RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION?
Yes – this Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment qualification is accredited by ETA – an Awarding Body regulated by Ofqual. You can use it to apply for your Green CSCS Card
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THE COURSE?
£110 – Including VAT – this is the full price for the Course AND the Exam you need to pass at the end to get the Level 1 Health & Safety qualification. BEWARE of websites that offer cheaper courses – you may find you need to pay an ‘exam fee’, ‘registration fee’, or VAT in addition to their headline price.
HOW CAN I GET MY GREEN CSCS CARD?
You need to have the Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment qualification and also have passed the CITB Health & Safety Test for Operatives. You can get the qualification online with SuperSkills and you book the CITB Test via their website.
When you have passed the CITB test, you get your Green Labourer’s Card online via the CSCS website.
CAN I FAIL THE COURSE?
People who do all the work required are unlikely to fail the course. You can re-sit the knowledge checks at the end of each module. We provide as much support as we can, but you do have to know the subject to succeed.
WHAT IF I FAIL THE END OF COURSE EXAM?
You have to pass the exam to gain the qualification. In the unlikely event of you being unsuccessful, contact SuperSkills on 01845 527 445 to arrange to re-sit the exam. There will be an administration fee of £60 (including VAT)
WHAT IF I HAVE DIFFICULTY READING?
This may not be the right course for you. Please do not book the course without calling SuperSkills on 01845 527 445
WHAT PHOTO ID DO I NEED?
Usually a Driving Licence or Passport is used, or you may have a Citizen Card and that can be used
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE PHOTO ID?
Call us on 01845 527 445
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR THE EXAM
These are designed to prevent cheating – nobody else in the room, no other tabs/programmes open on the computer, no notes (or any other items) on the desk. Please note, when the examination is being reviewed, the video is watched to check for cheating.
WHAT SORT OF COMPUTER IS NEEDED FOR THE EXAM?
A desktop or laptop with a webcam and speakers. Google Chrome web browser. A stable Broadband connection.
WHAT IF I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL?
You must be able to understand written and spoken English to take this course. There is no translation option. (Unlike the CSCS Operatives test.) IF YOU CANNOT READ OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH WELL, THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE COURSE FOR YOU.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE EXAM?
We will email you your certificate as soon as it is available. You use it to get your Green CSCS Labourer Card.
WHY DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE CITB HEALTH & SAFETY TEST FOR OPERATIVES AS WELL AS GET THIS QUALIFICATION?
Good question. We’ve been getting people construction qualifications for over fifteen years and have seen quite a few changes in the rules. Nobody has yet given us a satisfactory reply to this question, but there is a benefit to a ‘baseline standard’ for knowledge of Health & Safety on building sites.
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH FOCUS ON HEALTH & SAFETY IN CONSTRUCTION?
Because so many people are at risk on building sites. Hundreds of people a year were being killed and thousands more seriously injured a few years ago. The Health & Safety schemes, tests and qualifications – together with good supervision and keeping to a few common-sense rules has reduced the deaths and injuries enormously.
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT LISTED
Call us on 01845 527 445 at any time for FREE ADVICE