Painting and Decorating NVQ Level 3 Courses – On Site Assessment & Training
Time to move up to the Gold CSCS Card as a Painter & Decorator?
Choose SuperSkills for prompt and effective Painting and Decorating NVQ Level 3 Assessment
SuperSkills Construction Training offers a prompt and effective assessment process for Painters who have considerable experience and want to progress to Painting and Decorating NVQ Level 3 qualifications. You will find answers to all your questions about getting your NVQ Level 3 as a Painter & Decorator below (although if you have any more, we’re happy to hear them!)
Cskills Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing – Painting and Decorating (Construction) – Decorative Finishing
This qualification leads to the Level 3 NVQ and will enable the candidate to obtain the CSCS Gold Card with a valid CSCS Health & Safety Test. It is different to the Painting & Decorating Level 3 Diploma you get by going on a training course at a college or other training provider. You have to be assessed in the workplace to get the NVQ Diploma. If you want to download a copy of the qualification and what is required, you can do so here.
You can count on SuperSkills to give you Free, Impartial advice at all times. Don’t forget, you are welcome to call us on 01845 527 445 or fill in the form to find out more at any time – we take calls in the evenings and at weekends.
The Painting and Decorating NVQ Level 3 assessment process is carried out under personal attention provided by one of our experienced Painting assessors, who will make all the arrangements necessary to help you achieve the qualification in as short a time as possible.
Our simple approach will assess the level of experience and skill you have as a Painter and compare these to the requirements of the qualification. After this, you will receive personal training, enabling you to fill any gaps in your knowledge or skills and helping you to operate more effectively. The training and assessment is carried out to suit your convenience. Meetings with and visits by the assessor are arranged between yourselves.
Topics covered in the Painting & Decorating NVQ Level 3
There are seven mandatory Units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Preparing surfaces for Painting/Decorating in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems to Complex Surfaces by Brush in the Workplace
You will also choose two out of seventeen optional Units:
- Hanging Wide-width Vinyls in the Workplace
- Hanging Standard Paper Wallcoverings in the Workplace
- Applying Coatings by the Airless Spray Method in the Workplace
- Applying Coating by the Air Spray Method in the Workplace
- Producing and Applying Complex Stencil Designs in the Workplace
- Hanging Wallcoverings to Complex Surfaces in the Workplace
- Hanging Specialised Paper Wallcovering in the Workplace
- Applying Metal Leaf to Surfaces in the Workplace
- Producing Comb Textured Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Straight Grained Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Marbling Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Quality Replica Grained Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Quality Replica Marble Finishes in the Workplace
- Installing Coving and Decorative Mouldings in the Workplace
- Applying Coatings to Produce Textured Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Broken Colour Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Stencil Designs using Pre-cut Stencil Plates in the Workplace
When all the training and assessment has been completed and the assessor has all the evidence required to show you are working at Level 3 as a painter and decorator, it is checked by one of our Quality Assurance staff to make sure all is complete and we then inform the Awarding Body – CSkills Awards – who will register your qualification and send us your certificate.
You will have an internationally recognised Painting and Decorating NVQ Level 3 qualification, clearly demonstrating your capabilities to both home owners and employers. You will be able to obtain your CSCS Gold Card.
A most important point – – NVQ’s (the letters stand for National Vocational Qualification) involve your work being assessed in the workplace. You cannot get your NVQ by just attending a training programme and you cannot just start getting assessed in a workplace until you have built up some experience. See why knowing that is important.
The NVQ Level 3 Painting and Decorating Diploma is a much bigger qualification than a Level 2. If you equate the qualification with GCSE’s the Level 2 is the “O” Level and Level 3 is at “A” Level. Our clients are very experienced trades and achieve the qualification by On Site Assessment and Training. Although experienced painters and decorators can get the Painting & Decorating NVQ Level 2 by undertaking a remote assessment and interview, there is no “Fast Track” route for the Painting Level 3 – you can’t get this qualification by practical assessment. SuperSkills Construction Training can also deliver the NVQ Level 2 by On Site Assessment and Training – see here for details.
Level 3 qualifications take longer than Level 2 – so they are more expensive. It may sound a little strange, but our staff will always check with you just why you want to be assessed for Level 3. It’s not because we don’t want to do the work – far from it! It’s because we find that quite often the client only needs to have Level 2 for the CSCS Card they require. That means a potential saving of over £1600 for an experienced painter and decorator. At SuperSkills, we simply do not believe in selling you something you don’t need. If you want to get a Gold CSCS Card later in your career, we can always provide the additional training required for you to get the Painting NVQ Level 3, or an Occupational Work Supervision NVQ.
You don’t need your Level 2 to be able to get assessed for Level 3. Yes – another myth busted. You can be what is called a “Level 3 Jumper” – a candidate who has all the skills and capabilities and who is working at Level 3 standard.
Please also see our Easy Payment Terms, which allow you to “Pay As You Go” with SuperSkills.
At SuperSkills we know the vast majority of our customers are looking for qualifications that can be obtained simply, quickly and conveniently. That’s why we are always on the end of the telephone if you want to talk about the best qualification route for you. Just call us on 01845 527 445 or fill in the form to find out more.
You can see all our Painting and Decorating NVQ courses here.